I'm 15, I was masterbating and now one of my vagina lips is swollen. This has happened before but it make me worried. I have had sex before but the last time I had sex was like a month and a half before this started happening. I'll masterbate then it'll get pretty itchy so I obviously itch it then it just swells up. But it's only ever the right side. If anyone could give me advice or helppp!!!!

Health Guru
Hi, have you been geting any abnormal discharge since you have been getting this itch?

Not at all, everything else seems normal

Oh and my gyno said it was not an infection. And I've only had sex with one person. The last time was four months ago this probably started happening two months ago.

And we used a condom every single time. But the very last time we had sex it broke. So it only ever literally touched down there once.

Health Guru
Vulvovaginitis is inflammation or infection of the vulva and vagina

Causes

Vulvovaginitis can affect women of all ages and is extremely common. It can be caused by bacteria, yeasts, viruses, and other parasites. Some sexually transmitted infections (STIs) can also cause vulvovaginitis, as can various chemicals found in bubble baths, soaps, and perfumes. Environmental factors such as poor hygiene and allergens may also cause this condition.
Candida albicans, which causes yeast infections, is one of the most common causes of vulvovaginitis in women of all ages. Antibiotic use can lead to yeast infections by killing the normal antifungal bacteria that live in the vagina. Yeast infections typically cause genital itching and a thick, white vaginal discharge, and other symptoms. For more information see: Vaginal yeast infection

Another cause of vulvovaginitis is bacterial vaginosis, an overgrowth of certain types of bacteria in the vagina. Bacterial vaginosis may cause a thin, grey vaginal discharge and a fishy odor.
An STI called trichomonas vaginitis
 infection is another common cause. This infection leads to genital itching, a vaginal odor, and a heavy vaginal discharge, which may be yellow-grey or green in color.
Bubble baths, soaps, vaginal contraceptives, feminine sprays, and perfumes can cause irritating itchy rashes in the genital area, while tight-fitting or nonabsorbent clothing sometimes cause heat rashes.
Irritated tissue is more susceptible to infection than normal tissue, and many infection-causing organisms thrive in environments that are warm, damp, and dark. Not only can these factors contribute to the cause of vulvovaginitis, they frequently prolong the recovery period.
A lack of estrogen in postmenopausal women can result in vaginal dryness and thinning of vaginal and vulvar skin, which may also lead to or worsen genital itching and burning.
Some skin conditions can cause itching and chronic irritation of the vulvar area. Foreign bodies, such as lost tampons, can also cause vulvar irritation and itching and strong smelling discharge.
Nonspecific vulvovaginitis (where specific cause cannot be identified) can be seen in all age groups, but it occurs most commonly in young girls before puberty. Once puberty begins, the vagina
 becomes more acidic, which tends to help prevent infections.
Nonspecific vulvovaginitis can occur in girls with poor genital hygiene and is characterized by a foul-smelling, brownish-green discharge and irritation of the labia and vaginal opening. This condition is often associated with an overgrowth of a type of bacteria that is typically found in the stool. These bacteria are sometimes spread from the rectum to the vaginal area by wiping from back to front after using the bathroom.
Sexual abuse should be considered in girls with unusual infections and recurrent episodes of unexplained vulvovaginitis. Neisseria gonorrhoeae, the organism that causes gonorrhea
, produces gonococcal vulvovaginitis in young girls who have sexual exposure. Gonorrhea-related vaginitis is considered a sexually transmitted illness. If lab tests confirm this diagnosis, young girls should be evaluated for sexual abuse.