Hello, folks. My friend has been administrated to the hospital due to pulmonary embolism. I have some problems with my leg veins and I have heard that this can be responsible for embolism of the lungs. I would like to know how to prevent this condition? I will really appreciate all your replies.

Hi to you too. There are many very simple measures that can prevent pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis. Some of these measures are used in hospitals. To people recovering from surgical procedure, anticoagulants are often administrated. Compression stockings and pneumatic compression are also an option. Physical activity is also a must! These people need to move. If you travel, you can also take some prevention measures. You should exercise while you sit. Drink plenty of fluid. You can also consult a doctor about these measures. Good luck!

If you have leg swelling and pain and need too elevate the leg , in order too get the swelling down . How do you exercise and not move another clot to the lungs?