Hi! My dad was recently being hospitalized for pulmonary embolism and he almost died. Tomorrow he gets back home and I need some pulmonary embolism recovery info I know he ended up with this pulmonary embolism diagnose for there was some clot in his left leg veins that triggered and ended up in his lungs causing him this serious condition. And this all happened after a prolonged car drive he was on some trip so do you think he could be traveling anymore or he needs just to stay calm and doing nothing special.

It would be a huge mistake doing nothing though of course embolism pulmonary recovery period could be prolonged sometimes it lasts up to 6 months-that was my dad's pulmonary embolism recovery period and I remember whole this time he was on anticoagulation therapy but if your dad is diagnosed of chronic pulmonary embolism condition that it may easily happened he get prescribed these meds forever. Anyway it is very important while on this pulmonary embolism recovery therapy to inform his doc of any other med he takes for drugs such as ibuprofen or aspirin or some other no steroidal meds shouldn’t be combined with these anticoagulants for it may cause some further complications. And as for car driving it is essential in persons with such diagnose to take occasional walk and get out of the car for prolonged sitting position may be fatal for that is how clots could be easily created and triggered and it is not like he should be resting all the time for in fact some physical activity would help him to recover faster.