Hi there, I am a guy who is 20 years old. I am a medical student. I am really occupied with my exams right now and because of that I need an answer on my question fast. Tell me what you know of pulmonary embolism prognosis. For everything you write I am grateful. Thanks in front.

My knowledge is at your disposal. If this condition is not treated, then mortality is around 25 percent. I heard that this number isn't really this high because when this study has been done only severe cases could be detected. Prognosis depends of severity of the disease. In some cases patients supposedly don't even has to be treated. That is all I know.

Hello there alexandro,

As the poster above me has already answered your question there is no need repeating his words. I would just like to add that it is true that in some cases pulmonary embolism don’t have to be treated at all, but these cases are really rare and in most cases if this condition is left untreated it can lead to the death.

Of course overall health of the patient is always very important, and the patients with low immune system are always in worse situation than people who have excellent immune system.

I hope that this was helpful, and that you will manage to write that paperwork fast. Good luck with studying medicine, I believe you will need it.