Hi, guys. My father survived heart attack. Now, he must follow special prevention measurements, so the new one wouldn’t happen. I would like to know the role of thrombolytic therapy in heart attack prevention. I would really like to hear what you think about this. I would appreciate all your advices. Thanks.

Hello to you too. Thrombolytic treatment is usually given when heart attack occurs. Those are heparin and its analogs. They make the blood clots thinner and dissolve it. In that way a necessary blood comes to the myocardium. This is not usual prevention treatment for the patients. Those are anti-platelet medications such as aspirin. They inhibit platelets to aggregate which is very important thing in making a blood clot. And this blood clot is responsible for heart attack. I hope this helps. Bye!