Okay so I had lost my virginity roughly 12 days ago. We used a condom and I am on birth control. There was maybe 4 second when he took off the condom and did some stuff but I'm honestly not sure if he went inside of me or not. I have been taking my birth control regularly, I haven't missed any days. For the last couple of days I have been having really bad abdominal pain and today cramping started. I'm supposed to start my next period next week. I have taken 2 pregnancy tests in the last couple of days and they have read negative but I have really bad anxiety so I have been freaking out a lot. I have been tired a lot but I also haven't been getting much sleep because I keep worrying. I have no headaches, haven't had any unexpected bleeding, just really bad cramps. Can sex screw up my hormones? Or is it implantation cramps?;I went to the doctor and I feel like my symptoms have gotten worse since then. Can anyone please help reassure me that I am not pregnant? Thank you!!! It has been eating me up inside and I feel like I can't function.

Hi Guest,

If you are taking your birth control as directed it is VERY unlikely you are pregnant.

Yes, stress can cause changes to your body, including cramping.

You need to wait at least 14 days AFTER having sex or when your period is due before a home test can become accurate.  They are not instantaneous.

Hope it helps.

It does help. Thank you. And update on everything, most if my abdominal pain and cramping went away after I had used the restroom. I then had a little diarrhea and felt a lot better but there is still a little pain. I'm not sure if it's because I haven't eaten anything or I'm still sick. My left breastfeeding has began to hurt and I always feel an urge to pee but never have to go. It has been 14 days so I am planning on taking a pregnancy test again today. I am really hoping all of this are signs of my period because that is also supposed to come this week. I have never had these symptoms before but with me stressing and losing my virginity for the first time, I figure my hormones are a little on edge.