The last time my boyfriend and I had sex was 8 days ago. Yesterday (7 days after sex) I went to the bathroom and there was a brown discharge. It wasn't heavy like a period or a constant flow. Just spotting. I am on birth control but when we had sex I had only been on it for 6 days, so it was not effective yet. We used a condom but he stayed in me after he came so that I could finish. The condom didn't break but we read that you're suppose to pull out immediately after ejaculation. We think I am pregnant and that I'm experiencing "implantation bleeding" but we need advice. I can't get a pregnancy test for a couple weeks and we are worried. I'm 15.

Hi Nancydrew,

You CAN have some spotting/light bleeding after starting birth control.  Your body needs time to adjust to the hormones in the pills.  Your period can be early or late too.

Waiting for the pregnancy test is required.  It IS NOT instantaneous.  It takes at least two weeks after having sex before they even have a chance to be accurate.  Be sure to use your first morning urine, your wake up pee, when/if you test.  Remember too, false negatives are very common.  False positives are very rare.

Don't worry, yet.