Hello guys,
I had complete hysterectomy 2 years ago and since then I have gained 40 pounds!!! My belly looks like…hmm… like one of those man’ s beer bellies and I my general wellbeing is worse than before hysterectomy. The biggest problem is that I have gained weight which is visible mostly on my belly, not hips or legs… Do any of you have similar experience with weight gain?

Hey there,
You had complete hysterectomy (your ovaries were removed), so your body was unnaturally pushed into menopause. Abdominal weight gain is very typical for hysterectomy. Abdominal weight gain is believed to be connected to an excess of androgens and decrease of estrogen (because menopause, ovaries produce estrogen, progesterone, and androstenedione and when they are removed these hormones drop dramatically and the effects a woman's body can be weight gain around abdomen, but these things vary with every woman). I would recommend asking your doctor about customizing your hormonal treatment, I think that would balance also your weight gain.
Best wishes.