I bought a treadmill a couple of months ago. I started with 3 workouts a week and now I am running for two hours every day. I had such high hopes to lose my beer belly. However, something strange has happened. I have actually started to gain weight. How is that possible?

Well, to tell you the truth, there are several possibilities. If you are over trained (running too long too frequently) your body starts to release stress hormones which in fact prevents fat loss. The same thing happens if you dont get enough sleep. But, most likely, your appetite has increased and subsequently has your calorie intake. You have probably started to eat more. You must know that the body operates under the equation: calorie intake calorie expenditure weight gain. You have to spend more calories than you eat in order to lose weight. Without it, no matter what you do the beer belly will stay.