I had a complete hysterectomy w/ovaries removed 6 weeks ago. I can't seem to get my estrogen level straightened out. Even after reading lists of symptoms for estrogen excess or deficiency, I seem to have simultaneous symptoms of both. My feet are swollen continually, I have lower leg pain, breast tenderness, sudden weight gain (went up a pant size in two days and then back down a couple days later), facial hair,heart palpitations, hot flashes. See what I mean? Is there anything I can do to keep my estrogen level consistent and alleviate the water retention? Is this estrogen deficiency or dominance? I've added soy isoflavones to my diet and the feet swelling seems to have started after that, even though soy is supposed to be estrogenic. I'm also taking Evamist/topical estrogen/estradiol spray. Thanks for any help.
Teri

Your symptoms are likely to persist for some time while your body tries to adjust to a new normal. Graduated compression stockings or socks may help to reduce foot swelling and lower leg pain. These are available at your local supermarkets and online. Grapefruit juice is a natural diuretic that may help you lose water weight. I recommend two grapefruits or two glasses of grapefruit juice a day. I agree that soy isoflavones are supposed to be estrogenic. The resulting feet swelling could mean that you may be allergic to it. Oral contraceptive (which contains estrogen), androgen blocker, and prescription topical cream may be used to treat hirsutism.

I have the same problem I experience both symptoms of estrogen dominance and estrogen deficiency. I have no medical issues. Why does this happen?