I have always taken estrogen only either oral or the patch due to a hysterectomy at age 36. I started meno at age 50. Now at age 61, I reduced my Estrogen so I could lose some weight. I have lost 10 lbs but it has been hard. Since I stopped estrogen to lose weight, I have night sweats, hot flashes, vaginal dryness, all the things that should be going away. After all I am 61. So my new doc said try bioHRT instead of synthetics...progesterone plus some estrogen in cream form. She said lack of progesterone has caused belly fat --I also had 3 miscarriages by age 33. and she said perhaps I was always deficient in progesterone. I can't live my life for next 20 years with these symptoms, I have to do something. I just need to know if i should do this. I am happily married for 41 years and have NO intention of becoming old too soon. 8-|

I have recently been doing some googleing for my grandmother about this, well, highly controversial theme and I must say I was pretty lost in the whole subject for a while. Thing is, from what I have read, it comes down to battle about money, because there are studies both to confirm and to deny benefits of bioidentical hormonal treatment. Main issue with bioHRT is that it remains unregulated – it isn’t even a medically valid to say that one product is bioidentical, although bioHRT products are heavily marketed as natural way of having a “fulfilling life” after menopause. Most importantly these hormones are prepared by compounding pharmacies or produced as dietary supplements and are not regulated by the FDA, and therefore there is little scientific information on their safety or effectiveness. My grandmother is currently seeking a second opinion, because you’re absolutely right – one can’t live 20 years with constant symptoms.

You need to keep searching! Bio Identical if safe and what conventional doctors give woman causes cancer! Without proper hormaonal balance your grandmother is going to have a difficult time loosing weight and belly fat! We need progesterone more than estorgen! Read, From Belly Fat to Belly Flat! Lot's of info out there but the FDA/AMA and others keep us decieved! Where are you getting your info from????