It started off slowly at first, i was just tired all the time and cold. im a 16 year old female and i dont have any heart problems. I lost about 15-20lbs randomly. Im not over weight or under weight. My appetite comes and goes and i can only eat small portions of food and then i feel so full. Im constantly tired but its difficult for me to fall asleep at times. I get headaches but usually only at night and its not all the time. This cant be depression because i am taking zoloft which is an anti depressant. I was on accutane about a year ago. My mom doesnt think anything of it but im sick of feeling like this. Help please??

Well, it is most probably due to Zoloft. Common Zoloft side effects are: decreased appetite or weight loss; diarrhea or loose stools; dizziness; drowsiness; dryness of mouth; headache; increased sweating; nausea; stomach or abdominal cramps, gas, or pain; tiredness or weakness; trembling or shaking; trouble in sleeping. Talk to your doctor about it, he can prescribe you some other antidepressant.

It definitely sounds like depression but on the other hand it can also be because of the Zoloft. I’ve been given Zoloft because I couldn’t sleep at all an my doctor thought it was because I was depressed although I didn’t really feel like I was. Zoloft only made things worse. I had worse problems with sleeping than ever and just as you said, I became really weird about food. And the bad thing about this medication is that it can cause both sleepiness and insomnia so you completely lose track of everything because you’re always so exhausted. How much Zoloft are you taking and how often?

I take 50 mg every night before bed. Im taking it for anxiety and ive been on it for about 4 years now.

Did Zoloft help with the original anxiety, the one you were feeling four years ago? As you well know that is not its original purpose and it definitely has too many side effects for someone your age to be taking it for four years. Do you have checkups scheduled? You need to tell a doctor what you are experiencing when you get a first chance, there are other possibilities to treat problems you might have other than Zoloft. But obviously you also need to talk with your mother about all this.

I talked to my mother and she schedualed an appointment for me. It was for panic attacks and yes it did help. I dont know why they still have me on it.

Accutane had been known to cause depression too, maybe talk to your doctor about that. I would also try switching to another anti depressant since Zoloft isn't working for you. Or maybe go off of it, or try talking to someone. Best of luck to you! I hope you get it figured out.

I was hoping that you’ll get an appointment and that you’ll get the chance to get something changed, just don’t let anyone to try to persuade you that there is nothing wrong when you feel there is. I was prescribed Zoloft for insomnia that was related to depression and it was just pointless – I became anxious, couldn’t sleep at all, even worse than before and they kept telling me for two whole months it was because it takes time for Zoloft to work. I started a new treatment and it looks fine for now. So, wish you luck, and as Claire sad, let us know what happened