I am 27 y/o female. For the past few months I have been tired constantly. Even after 8-9 hours sleep, I can't wake up. Lately it's gotten worse, and in addition I am constantly hungry. I eat small meals all day, but I'm still starving. I am gaining weight quickly, even though I continue to excersize. I'll eat a large meal and then feel too full, and kind of sick. Then about an hour later- I am painfully hungry again. The weight gain sucks! And I'm so tired of being tired! Any suggestions?

I have been having the same issues and I am 28 years old/ female. Anyone have any suggestions?

I am a 25 year old female and have been experiencing similar problems. I am always snacking and go back for seconds or thirds. This will make me feel full for a half hour or so and then I'm hungry again. I am also very exhausted feeling soon after I get up. With very little motivation to do anything let alone exercise! Therefor, I am gaining weight. It is very hard to diet and exercise when you are starving and tired. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm a 25 year old male and have the same problem as you 3 wonderful ladys. Did you find out whats wrong? I'm worried because my ex girl friend had M.E and i dunno if you can catch it, the only only thing is that she was always tired but never hungry.

Thanks,

Barry

Not entirely sure how to respond to the last post. I do think it is rude to make fun of a potentially real problem (regarding to the double bacon cheeseburger remark). I too have been feeling the same symptoms. I'm a 32 y/o female and have been feeling this way for at least a couple of months. I know it's not pregnancy because I've had a hysterectomy. I'm kinda leaning toward anemia or hypoglycemia for the cause, hopefully it's not diabetes, but the only way to be sure is to see a doctor, course hopefully you have a doctor that will listen to you and do something about it. The hysterectomy was because no doctor would listen to my problem and by the time they caught it, it was too late and resulted in an infection ruining my reproductive organs. So be persistant!
Oh and to sly83, what's M.E.?

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your problem. I think some of the causes can be stress (causing you to feel tired, undernourished, etc.) in which case you should try to find some positive support, talk to a doctor, work out the current stresses in your life and add some more enjoying activities :-) Good luck! It could also be anxiety and depression. Listen to your body because you often crave what you need. I tried having just "healthy" food and felt terribly weak because all wheat products don't give you energy in the same way that carbs do. Once I started eating what I normally had again, I felt more energy. Make sure you don't diet by cutting back completely, diets are supposed to be really gradual to be healthy, so it's basically just cut back a tiny, tiny, bit and exercise a little more but nothing that completely changes everything because then it'll be too drastic and make you tired from overworking or under nourishing.

I am going threw the same problem, yet I am 53 yrs old. I eat all the time, I am always hungry. Its coming to the point I eat so much, I get heartburn, and vomit comes up, yet what am I to do, gone to the doctors, they tell me to exercise, how can a person exercise, with no energy, always tired, I am not stressed , yet I wish I knew what top do. I rink alot of water, yet still hungry, what am I to do????

so i just came across all of your post and i have the same problem .. i know i have a problem with my thyroid hormones which is a big cause of why i am always hungry and gaining fast! also i am always tired and have not much energy! try to see a doctor and talk about that u might have the same problem! x x x

My experience says that people when think of hunger are not hungry in real sense. They mostly wrongly confuse thirst signal with hunger. They eat instead of drinking. But since body wants water again that signal becomes alive and people think they are hungy again!

One thing round this is simple. Drink water! A glass of water will make you full. In fact, wrestlers during real matches take in less water to gain weight by eating food.

So drink water. Less hunger. More blood purification! One thing need to have a bathroom nearby!

Regarding sleepiness, there are two aspects which I think might be important: Firstly, sticking to fixed sleeping and waking time. Secondly, the sleeping and waking time should make sense to your body. For example if you reglarly sleep at 2 and wake up at 11 then that may not be good. Because there is a clock in the brain which works perfectly with the sunlight timings and this it is good to sleep when sun goes away (+/- 3-4 hrs), and best to wake when sun rises (+/- 2-3 hours).

Some of these are facts and rest my experience. Try and check if it works. It worked for me and I am happy with it.

I am always hungry and always tired.
I just ate a huge turkey pot pie and am still hungry.
I also had a full glass of water and a full glass of milk (kefir).

I am 32 and this has been getting progressively worse since I was in my late 20's. I had the same weight for a very long time (127-132@5'6.5")
Since I was 30, I have gained 12 pounds.

I really don't eat appropriately (right when I feel hungry) and I think I am making myself hypoglycemic/pre-diabetic.

I feel the same way. I've been trying to tell doctors about it for years. I have a hard time focussing, I'm tired all the time, and hungry. I think it has more to do with a general slow down of your metabolism as you age in addition to added stress from work, family... than sickness. As an ex-dancer, I've often found that the part of your body that seems to need attention isn't the actual problem. Honestly, you have more energy when you move around more and interact with people. Food cravings...well...does your body really need more food? Probably not. Try scheduling your day so that you can fight the tendency to nap or snack. Be realistic with your goals. Then remind yourself that it isn't okay to give in. It's hard work, but you'll be happier with yourself in the end.

I have a similar problem. When I wake up in the morning I'm ok, but after an hour or two all I want to do is go home and sleep. I'll be at work falling asleep at the computer and not being able to focus. After I eat something I'll wake up almost imediately and then after half an hour I have this intense pain in my stomach as if I were starving. It only went away if I kept eating so I tried to eat healthy and drink a lot of water, but the best thing that helped was bread. These intense stomach aches went on for about a month until I started having dull pains in my back. This was unbarable so I went to the doctor imediately and found that because of anxiety my stomach was creating more acid in my stomach causing the pain in my stomach, after a month I started having referred pain to my back. The reason why food helped for a short time was because It neutralized the acid. He then put me on prilosec for 14 days. The pain was gone. But I was still tired until I ate something. I don't know what's wrong with me but the pain has started up again, except now it's between my shoulders and I'm having intense headaches. I have always been a nervous person.. so the anxiety was nothing new.. I think the worst part is, I don't tell anyone about it, or I feel nervous about going to the doctor because I'm so young I think what ever it is, it'll pass. It wasn't until the pain was unbarable that I went. I'm only 19. I just started gaining all this weight I've never had before, and it's a scary thing because you don't know what's going on with your body. Unexplainable pain, fatigue, weight gain, and anxiety.

This is for the few people who made comments on lazy fat people.

I rowed for my high school crew team and had the fastest times on the team. I used to wake up at 4:30 in the morning on the weekends to go jogging or rowing. Now I just get up for work and try to last the day. There is a difference between people who do not have the will power to keep healthy and active and those who have a REAL medical problem. So unless you have a similar story or wish to help out people in need of answers, please keep your opinions to yourself.

Been having similar issues for over 2 months now. Incredibly fatigued, falling asleep all the time and finding it difficult to get out of bed in the mornings. Also been feeling nauseous on waking - but eating constantly throughout the day.

finally made an appointment at the doctors and it turns out I am severely anaemic. Also getting tests done for thyroid problems but doc seems to think its the effect of iron deficiency in your blood thats causing this. Would definently recommend getting bloods done at your doctor. Going back for more tests next week and hopefully some solutions to this nightmare!

I am only 20 years old and femail and I am having the same problem and I was just trying to look up why I am always hungry right after I eat and I can sleep all the time if I wanted and I never used to be able to do that. It sucks big time and i'm very active I teach dance 4 days a week and always make it a point to take a fitt class or 2 each semester of school! It's sad cuz all of a sudden my jeans and stuff aren't fitting! and I can't afford new ones right now so I need to lose this weight! ugh!

I'm 21 years old and I have the same problem. Has anyone on this thread figured out what the deal is?