I got my period on sunday, so I've had it for 6 days now, normally it lasts for 4 - 5 days. My cycle is normally pretty regular in between 28 - 30 days. I don't know when my last period was so I cannot tell if this one is early or not. My concern is that it started off brown and stayed fairly light red in colour. It has been stopping and starting. When my pad was clean I thought my period was finished however around 8 hours later it started again still light red. Normally my flow is quite heavy with clots. I have started a period early before and it had been short and light however this time I am concerned about pregnany. I had sex on the saturday night and did get my period the next day I thought it was normal. But could I still be pregnant? Is it possible to continually bleed for 4 days after sex and be pregnant? I am a little confused..please help!!

im like in the same problem your in my period started on thursday may 3 2007 and and finish on monday so that was only 4 days and me and my boyfriend had sex on sunday but i thought i wasnt on my period so we did it today on monday i started bleeding just a little bit and stop that wired its been going all day bleed then i stop so i need help

Last month my period started on the 11th of June. I ovulated around the 25th which is when my boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. My period started late sunday afternoon of july 8th, very light in color, on monday it was heavier, but by evening it was lighter. That night we had sex without a condom, and the next day my period was light. That evening after I got out of the shower it had stopped. On Wed it had started up again in the late morning, but light. Yesterday afternoon it stopped all together. I have taken a few at home tests and they have come up negative, and even went to the dr and it was negative. I have never had this happen before. Any advice. Thanks!

where is the answer 2 this, i have it but cant find an explanation anywhere!

I found this info related to this topic, I think it explains it.

Many women notice that during day 4 or 5 of the menstrual period, bleeding may stop for several hours and then return briefly. This fluctuation is an example of how estrogen affects the endometrial microvascular.  A few days after the onset of menstrual bleeding the functionalis begins to regenerate: grow anew. Estrogen released from primordial follicles, stimulates the regeneration of the surface endometrial epithelium (tissue), while menstruation is occuring. The estrogen secreted by this growing follicle causes prolonged vasoconstriction enabling the formation of a clot over the denuded (shed) endometrial vessels.  When bleeding may stop for several hours and then returns during day 4 or 5 of the menstrual period it is because estrogen is beginning to stabilize the arterial blood flow of the functionalis and basilis layers of the endometrium.

I started 9-5-16 it wasent like any other. Peried im usely hevey and cramping bad but this one that came was tiney cramps light peried then around afternoon stop plase lwt me know what that means

It’s completely normal!! There’s a couple of explanations to why this couple happen.
1) your uterus isn’t in its normal position. It could be leaning toward the bladder, and eat. This isn’t a major health condition or anything. I’m fact, all women get this at least once in a lifetime.
2) your emotions. If you’ve been stressed this could cause your period to take a jolt, become lighter, and or longer than usual.
Like I said before these don’t take immediate health care, in fact, none at all. But if u think it could be something else u might want to talk to ur health care provider.