So my period is pretty regular. It runs on a 28-30 day cycle, but I've noticed it usually runs on a 28 day cycle for the most part. The first day of my last period was 4/19/09 and it lasted about 6 days. On the night 5/8/09, my bf and I had protected sex, BUT we put on the condom about 2-3 minutes of unprotected sex. While he did not cum, he might have precummed. However, I noticed that while we did have the condom on, there was some precum present in the condom.

Now I've been worried about being pregnant because the day we had sex was supposed to be one of my fertile days. My period started off really light on the night of 5/22/09. There was a dark brown blood stain on my panties that usually comes right before my period. When I wiped though, the blood was a lighter red than I usually see on my period. The red was definitely red, not pink, but it wasn't as bright as it usually is.

Then for the past two days, my period has been lighter than usual but it still is going. It is definitely a lot lighter than usual because usually it soaks most of my pad when I wake up in the morning. This time it didn't, but there was a good significant amount. I took a HPT this morning but it was the my 2nd urination of the day (rather than the first which was reeeally early in the morning when I didn't remember about the HPT). It came out negative but I'm still a little paranoid. I've also been getting a lot of cramping lately and just getting the typical PMS symptoms.

Another weird occurrence: when cramming my history paper the night before it was due at 2AM, I got a sudden powerful headache that ended up making me nauseous enough to throw-up. Smells of oily foods really bothered me at that time, but after I threw up, the smell became fine again. After that incident, no more nausea or headaches.

Oh and just to clarify, we had sex (protected from very start) right before this incident, so that's why I'm afraid that the precum had sperm in it.

Hi, you might be using pregnancy test a little to early. You should probably wait for few more days and test your self again. It is known that precum can have sperm and that you can get pregnant this way.
You have many symptoms of pregnancy and you really might be pregnant, but try to test your self in few days. If you can not wait that long, go and check yourself with a doctor. Se what he has to say. Keep us posted on your condition.

That is a bit of an odd symptom or two that you're having but you have to realize that you're also under a lot of stress so that's probably what you are experiencing as well. The nausea and the smell of oily foods could be related, or it could even be food poisoning. It seems that things are a little unclear for ou right now. Take a pregnancy test in about a week and see where you stand. IN the meantime, try to stay calm and relax. Keep us posted!

Hi icycupcakes, how are you? Is you situation any better? I now that it is still early for any results, but just want to see how are you doing. You may feel much better when you talk to someone. I hope that we were able to help you in any way. If you have any questions pleas just ask them. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi everyone! Thank you for all the support you've given me--it's been really comforting and helpful. As for results...

I'm not pregnant! Definitely a relief for me since I'm not ready for that right now. I'll tell everyone what happened in detail for future reference.

Let's clarify really quickly about the period~
My period was NOT late nor was it early--it was exactly on time. My concern was that it was lighter than usual, but it actually went back to normal in a couple of days (see story below).

So after about 2 days of having a lighter period, I hung out with some friends that definitely got my mind off things. I was able to relax and forget about whether or not I was really pregnant or not. That night and earlier the next day, my period seemed to go back to normal. While I've read from other women that this can also be a sign of pregnancy (light to heavier "period"), I told myself that I couldn't do anything until I tested, so I tried to forget about it. My period definitely seemed to go back to normal as the flow became heavier to a point where it usually is. The period blood was the bright red to a darker blood red with clots, not pink or brown. On one day, I got a blood clot the size of my thumb (which I heard is bad if it's bigger than a dime or something) but I think it was the stress that caused a slightly weirder period.

Something I noticed that ALWAYS happens when I get my AF--I lose the feeling of sore/tender breasts, and PMS symptoms in general. That's what happened this time. Right when I got my period, despite my worries, the feeling of soreness/tenderness immediately disappeared so my breasts were exactly the same as before. No darkened nipples and no enlarged breasts throughout this whole time either.

I got some cramps during this time, but I can attribute those cramps to PMS and menstrual cramps because they were of the same magnitude of my usual cramps.

As for the barfing, I do believe I was under a tremendous amount (like healthnfitness guy mentioned) of stress (the 4-6 paper was due in 8 hours and I had no idea how I was going to write it). Not only was stress from the paper but there was stress about the whole pregnancy thing. I've been known to get tremendous headaches when I'm really upset or really frustrated, so that can account for my headache. As for the nausea, I guess it was just too much for my body to handle--the stress and the horrible food (since I did eat a large amount of Taco Bell for dinner that I usually don't eat since I eat healthier). I felt a lot better when I threw up and got some sleep to get rid of the headache.

In addition to the pregnancy test I took earlier, I took one more that came out negative. I took that one this morning because that would be about one week after my supposed missed or late period (but mine was on time). I tested with the first urine of the day as the box and everyone else instructed, and the test still came out to be negative.

So in conclusion, I think I can say for sure that I am not pregnant because all of the things that point to it being just a regular period. I think the stress and worry just got to me. Again, thank you so much for all of your support. If anyone has any questions or want more details or something, feel free to PM me. :-D

I am so so glad to hear that you are doing better and that you are also not pregnant. I know that that would have been definitely unwelcome at this point in your life. Stress is a really crazy beast. It affects us in so many many ways and it's hard to say who's suffering from what. When I get stressed, I get headaches and I also stop eating pretty much altogether. It would look like I had some sort of illness but I don't. Thanks for keeping us posted! And let us know if you ever have any other questions.

The same thing is currently happening to me! Although the only difference is I had unprotected sex(A very drunken night). However, he pulled out and I took the morning after pill just in case. I started my period today right on time but it was lighter than usual. I'm hoping that's only happening because of stress as well. I've been freaking out for the past 2 weeks if i could be pregnant. Also my breasts are tender and i've been tired lately. Although those could be typical pms symptoms. Hope I'm not pregnant! Too young and do not plan on procreating anytime at all!

This isn't really much of an answer for you but more of a question. I'm going through something exactly like this. I had sex unprotected for maybe 4 minutes but we stopped and put a condom on. He didn't cum at all in between. I've been experiencing cramping and all that, like normal period symptoms. I'm about 2 days late but I just went to the bathroom and noticed brown spots in my underwear from blood but my period is extremely light. Not red, but a light pink. I haven't taken a home pregnancy test yet but I'm just wondering what your opinion is. Should I be okay? I mean I'm on birth control. I was told that a new birth control, stress and weight loss can push it back. Which I've lost 7 pounds drastically and I'm going through stress with this, planning college and my father just passed away. I'm also on a new birth control. Could these be factors?

Hey, sorry to hear about your loss. Alot of stress can play havoc on your period and starting a new bcp can too. As long as you are on the pill, didn't miss any and have been taking it for at least 7 days, you should be covered, although you have a bigger chance of becoming preggo during your ovulation time. You should do a HPT within the next few days. Brown spots are a bit worrisome, it could be implantation bleeding, but again, it depends on when you had sex. You should always use condoms in addition to your BCP and you should never go unprotected, even if you are sure he didn't cum inside of you. Good luck!

hey am hving a similar experience, i had unprotected sex didnt use a condon niether pills after, my period came on time but just like u guys, it came lighter but wen i wipe its red n hve pieces of cloth aint sure wat my problem is could i be pregnant, i might be a little stresses n i hve a 4 mnths old baby which i definetly not ready, am afraid of takin another test which might be positive, all i could do is just hope n pray dat am not

hi i can say the same thing is happening to me,but i did not had unprotected sex the first nor the second time.... the first time after i had sex my period was normal..but the second time my period came i had the light bleeding and also it was dark red,with little cramping..which is not really my usual,my usual is  more of a slight heavy period and bright red bleeding and less cramps... i`m not feeling nausea or anything....so could this mean that i`m just being paranoid?

im kinda experiencing the same exact thing. but my period has been really lighter than usual for the past two months. the last time i had sex was with my boyfriend the weekend of valentine's day..and it was unproteced. ive been feeling extremely nauseous, light headed, having crazy headaches, and im really tired all the time. ive researched that you cant be pregnant and have a period..but the symptoms that im experiencing are very similar to pregnancy symptoms...if anyone can give me advice or answers as to what could possibly be wrong with me..please let me know! :-):$

Hi icycupcakes,

I'm having a similar problem right now. Me and my boyfriend had sex about three weeks ago using a condom and I was scheduled for my period yesterday. I got my period yesterday and it was a pretty decent flow. Today, however, I didn't have much blood which is unusual for me. What do you think is going on?

okay i need help im freaking out i dont know if im pregnant or not. i had unprotected sex on 8/3 i was already a week late, and my bf actually came inside of me. like 3 days later i started noticing more trips to the restroom so i thought it was weird i googled ot up and it can be a very early pregnancy symptom. as the days passed i didn't get my period untill 8/10 which started very very light like a light pinkish redish when i peed i couldn't even see blood it was just little dots. through out the day i got it a litttle bit more but it just wasn't normal i really did notice a big difference compared to my regular period. it just lasted like like 2 days and a half so i googled about it and it makes me think i am pregnant because ive also had somewhat headaches and like 2 times felt like i had to throw up but i couldn't. so i decided to take a home test last night 8/14 but it came out negative i don't know if i should still be worried or if it was too soon for the test it's my first time ever experiencing this please help im confused i don't know what to think anymore. i hope im not, but what worries me a lot is the period. any advice ill take it please, thank you.