I think my hot flashes started. I have sudden feeling of heat accompanied with sweating. I guess that means that menopause started, although I’ve been told that my menstrual period will abruptly stop when menopause start. I had me period this month and I have hot flashes and increased sweating along. This confuses me.

Although some women may abruptly stop having menstrual periods, many will notice that their periods space out for months to years before bleeding stops permanently. Although pregnancy is unlikely in this age, you should do a pregnancy test to be absolutely sure. Physiologically speaking, hot flashes are the body’s reaction to a decreased supply of estrogen and every woman’s experience of this important life change is different, unpredictable and highly individual. In some production of estrogen decreases gradually, producing few flashes and with others, the ovaries stop abruptly or start and stop before production ends completely.