Hi! I have one question about certain drug called Augmentin. My younger brother has bladder infection. He needs to take this medication. My friend told me that she was using some other drug for treating bladder infection. I’m wondering what kind of meds Augmentin is and how helpful is Augmentin for treating bladder infections?

Hi! You need to know that there are a lot of different kinds of medications that can treat bladder infection. Augmentin is a penicillin antibiotic and it works by killing certain bacteria. As I know, it usually use for uncomplicated lower tract infections. I used it few times while I was suffering of UTI and it’s very helpful.

as for my experience, I bought Augmentin on for my UTI, it worked really well against infection.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I am using Augmentin right now and it worked great rather quickly. My dictor told me to take 2 for the 1st dose to jump start it and then to follow directions on bottle. But now because of so many reason bladder infections are happening and e- coli being one of the mmost popular. Be sure to see a doctor! Only certin meds work for certin types ! Good luck my friend!

Augmentin is a penicillin derived medication and is one of the best medications for a bladder infection.