Hi, I have many cases of breast cancer in my family. I am in post-menopausal age right now, and I am afraid of getting this disease. I heard that it could be prevented by using aromatase inhibitors. Is this true? What is exactely this aromatase inhibitors formula?

Hi, I am using aromatase inhibitors for treating a breast cancer. It works only in post-menopausal women, because our estrogen is produced in the adrenal gland. For pre-menopausal women, there are other kinds of treatments. Aromatase inhibitor lowers the level of the estrogen estradiol, which is the cause of many cancer cases. This formula works by inhibiting the action of the enzyme aromatase, which converts androgens into estrogens. This proces is called aromatization. I am using Arimidex, but there are also some other aromatase inhibitors approved by the US Food and Drug Administration, like exemestane (Aromasin), and letrozole (Femara). If you decide to use this drug, you have to consult your doctor first.