Hello! I have been wearing glasses for five years now and I got used to them. Actually most of my family members wear eye glasses or contact lenses. My doctor explained it had to do something with our genes. My boyfriend suggested I should try LASIK surgery since he read something about it in the newspapers. I don't mind wearing glasses but he thinks I look much nicer without them. What are indications for LASIK surgery?

Hello! The LASIK surgery is indicated for the correction of myopia, astigmatism and hyperopia. This procedure is not recommended for persons under 18 years of age. Some doctors do not recommend it before the age of 21. You have to make an appointment with a laser eye surgeon for a consultation and eye exam and after that he will decide which procedure will be used.

Well,
Lasik surgery is done very often and it is one of the most used procedure in correcting problems with eyes. With this surgery your doctor will, with laser procedure, alter the shape of the cornea, which is the transparent front covering of the eye. The condition that you can treat with this procedure are myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism. You can discuss this with your doctor to get more information if you are interested in doing this procedure. I have to tell you that success rates are very high and the doctor have to be very good to perform this procedure. I hope that this helped you in any way.

All the best,
Nelie