Hello. A cousin of mine was consuming alcohol during pregnancy. Doctors say her baby has fetal alcohol syndrome. I don't know any details about this, so I would like to ask what the most usual sings are within this syndrome. I would appreciate if anyone could reply me. Thank you in advance.

Hi. I am sorry to hear that. Signs and symptoms within fetal alcohol syndrome vary. Facial features are common such as small eyes, thin upper lip, short nose and smooth skin between nose and upper lip. This can appear with normal babies as well, so a greater experience of a doctor is needed here. Heart defects and problems with joints and limbs are also possible. Mental retardation can also be possible. You can consult a doctor for more details. I hope everything will be all right as far as it is possible. Bye! Good luck!