Hello, I need some help with my mother’s health issues. She is 59 years old and she suffers from RA for almost 5 years now. And the problem is not in RA, but in other possible condition that might be affecting her – Sjogren syndrome. What are the symptoms of that illness? She has been complaining of the dry eyes and I am afraid that she has another problem to think of.

Unfortunately, Sjogren syndrome might affect people that are already suffering from some auto immune disease, such as RA. And also, there is a long period between the first symptom occurrence and diagnose, sometimes years might pass before this illness is discovered. This is even more present when there is another ongoing condition involved, the symptoms might be masked. But I guess that it is a good thing this illness has been discovered before any serious damage has been done.