what are the side effects of taking suboxone while in second trimester in my pregnancy

Suboxone should not affect your unborn child as best I remember if I recall what I learned, but don't take my word for it. If you are thinking of taking suboxone, please talk to a doctor, okay? Let me know what you think.

I have been addicted to opioids for the last 3 years i take them daily im now pregnant and 22 almost 23 weeks and ive still been taking opioids i really want to quit so my baby will be healthy but its dangerous to just quit cold turkey ive tried to cut back but i get pains in my legs severe headaches and my heart races and it scares me and i really dont want to go through metadome treatment what do i do?

I would suggest you find a suboxone certified doctor in your area. I know in the first trimester that it is better for you to be on subutex which has the same active ingredient as suboxone but does not have the naxalone which is a blocker. The naxalone is what cause damage. Althought methadone is better researched, every doctor I have seen including my pain management, OB-Gyn, genetic counselor, and maternal fetal specialist all say that suboxone and or subutex are completely safe. Yes your child can go through withdrawal but in the long run you will both be better off than if you go through a cold turkey withdrawal or go back on opiods. Good luck!