from my knowledge if i use suboxone while i am still high on heroin i will go into abrupt withdrawals. I used 4 mg of suboxone at 11 am this morning and used 1 gram of heroin at 6pm and my body is killing me , hot cold flashes it is worse than ever this has never happened to me before why?

i haven’t made that mistake but I know guys who did….I don’t know why this happens but it’s just the way it is….It would happen the same if you took suboxone immediately after morphine and methadone.

You may also get withdrawals when you start suboxone and again when trying to quit with suboxone. Withdrawal also occur if you decide to chew or swallow the tablets and not let them melt under your tongue. Not to mention injecting suboxone….naloxone in it will kick your ass so bad.

However, I find suboxone much better that methadone for example….Have you ever been on Methadone?

By the way……can't you just try not to take heroin while using suboxone and see how it goes…have you been takinh heroin every day now since you started suboxone....Are you getting suboxone from a doctor on an outpatient basis or you’re staying at the clinic for time to time?

you are not supposed to use drus oor alcohol while on suboxone...thast is the whole point of taking suboxone. It's to help you not have cravings for drugs. if you take drugs while you are taking suboxone you will get sicker...and may have seizures. where did you get the suboxone? if it's from a doctor I am sure he explained that to you. ther eis no point in taking suboxone foor just a couple days....

Yes, you definitely cannot use Suboxone while taking narcotics. I made the mistake of trying that, and even though I waited a full 24-hrs- I STILL had side effects from the Sub that was still in my system.

I wanted to take some hydrocodone SOOOOOO bad one time when my roommate came into some- that I skipped part of my daily Sub dosage, looking so forward to the next day when I was going to take that Hydro. So the next day came and I took a big ole dose with some Soma. Nothing much happenned. So I took ANOTHER dose about 4 hrs later. Still, nothing. Then yet ANOTHER dose later that day. Same story.

So I took the entire script over the weekend, and finally about the 3rd or 4th day I was starting to 'feel' something. But by then, the script was gone. :'( So the 4th or 5th day, I started back on my Sub again. I had HUGE bouts of sweating/hot flashes. There might have been a few more side effects, but the sweats were unbearable!!!! They lasted almost a WEEK. I dont think Ill do that again. I wish I could get regular Subutex without the Naxolene cause that's what makes you go into withdrawals if you take something else too soon while its in your system.

I still crave Hydro even after a year. Just not as bad though. Even though I miss those "buzzing days" I wouldnt wanna go back knowing how damaging they were financially, as well as all the withdrawals i went through when I couldn't get any Hydro.

OK, I've been a heroin addict for 7 years being clean off and on. I recently switched from meth to sub. It was the worst thing ever. About 2 years ago I did the same thing but I did it wrong. You hvae to prepare you self to either go into rehab or gte high for 72 hrs. If you don't you will be sick as hell. The 2nd time wasn't as bad b/c I got high for a couple of days and then switched. With meth you have to wait like 72 hrs to switch, but with dope you can switch within 12 hours. My first day after switching from dope wasn't that great, but I wasn't super sick. The 2nd day I started to feel fine. But if you can get clean with meth, I think it's def. the better drug. Not at all better to come off on, but when you're ready to come down just switch to sub.

No opiod will have any effect on you while you are on suboxone. It has a med in it to stop those meds from working. I have found everyone on suboxone continues with those same addictive behaviors, it doesnt seem to help change them. My son was on Suboxone and sold most of them so he could bye opiods(oxycontin being his drug of choice). 2 weeks ago he took one of his fathers naltexone(he is a recovered alcohlic) and went into rapid detoxification. He laid in bed for 4 days going cold turkey. I wouldn't let him leave the house. I gave him nausea medicine, trazadone to sleep and kept him safe, then got court ordered drug testing and he has now been drug free for 13 days. I hope it will continue because it is nice to have my son back(18).He has court ordered testing for 6 months, one positive and he goes to jail for a year so I hope that is deterrent enough. I wish you all good luck but suboxone is no better than a percocet with the same addictive qualities.Blessed be!

there is an opioid block in suboxone that keeps you from getting high from any other drugs........i know alot of ppl who have started taking suboxone and yes some do just sell to get $ for whatever their drug of their choice is, but i do know quite a few that have changed for the better and would not have been able to with out the suboxone none of them have the same "addictive behaviors" such as stealing or doing what ever they used to to get thier drugs their personalities are back to the same loving caring people that they use to be before they began their drug use they now have a life to live instead of being prisioners of their addiction only caring and trying to figure out how to get their next high and even though they are not doing drugs now they will always be a drug addict but atleast they are a recovering drug addict thanx to suboxone.

just wondering why you took heroin after the suboxone? cause its counterproductive.Did the subs work for you? Or did they mess you up like they did me?Did you have precipitated w/d after taking the subs and you had to take other drugs to feel better? The reason it did't work is because you can't have other drugs (or very little) in your system when you take subs cause it blocks those receptors in your brain. So you had precipitated w/d like I did. Let me know how you made out!

i must Stress you should never use suboxone while taking any opiates. The reason you went into withdrawal was due to the fact that you had already taken suboxone and it had attached itself to the brain receptors, anything after the nalaxone will push away from those receptors. This is why you were hurting and in a state of precipitated withdrawal