I was taking suboxone for 3 years, and the switched to subutex because it's cheaper and was on that for a year and then learned that my doctor wasnt able to prescribe subutex anymore (apparently he never had the license in the first place) and had to go cold turkey from it. I dropped off at 2mg and experienced a typical opiate withdraw but its entering into week 3 and ive been so depressed, i am taking an anti-depressant and deplin (a new drug-a high dose of folic acid or folate which helps restore dopamine) i just started that one a few days ago. Anyway, i had to drop my classes at school because of the depression, ive never experience depression this severe before; randomly ill have like a wave of depression come over me while watching tv or reading etc.. and it controls me and i cant stop crying and i dont even know what it is thats making me upset, its not a thought or something external.

finally, the questions: 1. has anyone else been on this drug for a period of 4 years or close to?? what was your detox like?? HOW LONG DID IT LAST? did you experience depression for an extended period after the physical symptoms went away? anything about long-term subutex use would be so helpful, its impossible to find any information on it!

man i feel your pain i have been on suboxone 4 almost eight years and just detoxed from it about 8 days ago. I too feel sooooo depressed and out of energy. Im sorry I cant give you any advice on what will change but i have been told by many recovered opiate addicts you got to give yourself a month minimum to start feeling better

I have been on subutex aprox. 2 years. sorry I cant be specific on mm. I take one half of one in the morning ( after about 1.5 pills a day) and I cannot function at midday, will not go backwords! I have NO energy and I have unbearable pressure behind my eyes, thoughts are scattered. So concerned I had an M.R.I. done! Anyone else had this type of withdrawl? Going on 65 days.

I am still detoxing. I am down to 1mg. Can't sleep and really bad depression. I believe I have been on this so called medication the longest. 12 years or more. First it was Buprenex injectable, then Subutex then finally Suboxone. I guess I would of never thought about detoxing until Medicaid decided to stop paying. Even thoughts of suicide enter my mind. This is one crazy drug. It plays awful mind games. Started a colon cleanse and taking allot of vitiamins. All I can say is Good Luck and pray allot.
P.S. Been in bed for two months now. No energy at all.
God Bless,
MonaLisa913

Im writing this on my story because no one would help me, dont taper its stupid stop being a p***y and just do it, its your life if you really want off youll do it, methadone is a different story methadone was one of the hardest cold turkey withdrawals ive ever experience 130mgs of cold turkey lasted more than 90 days hence y i got on subutex 16mg aday for 1 year, i quit cold turkey 50 days ago, 1 relapse of taking a sub on day 35 which made PAWS come back pretty bad, but in all seriousness if you have to work i wouldnt recommend it, i had time off work and just withdrawaled for 25 days straight and thats when it slowed down now, im at day 50 and starting to sleep ok, but its not easy you really have to want this if your gonna do it, everyone on this forum seems like a complete p***y to me... frikkin man up and just say you can and you will.. sorry for being so blunt im so sick of complainers like my aunt saying she cant she cant do anything, rich ass frikkin c**t shut the f**k up and man up... or just go kill urself seriously your already dead in the long run if you dont stop so... just do it all i can say my life is 100 times better and i get some sleep and dont have to wake up withdrawaling and wait a f*****g hour to feel better... JUST DO IT.

The depression will always stay, thats what bup does to you, it destroys your receptors and cells that you will always have hardcore extreme horrible depression forever, mark my words, statistics prove this too. No antidepressant will ever work granted. You eoither have to stay on bup for life or methadone for life, its still depressing being on these substances aswell as coming off...The depression will never ever go away, sorry but its true with buprenorphine. Many have suicidle thoughts and many can never ever get off sub, thats a promise, thats how hard it is.

The depression will STAY with you for the rest of life sadly. Buprenorphione detox is worst ever, you cant run from it..I promise u that the de[ression will NEVER EVER go away.

I really hope you dont think thats funny. Or in any way helpful

To those who say the depression never goes away. I became an opiate addict in 2005. For the last three years I have been on subutex. The longest I have gone without my meds is six days. During that time I had nightmares, I had the most vivid dreams of my life and they all pointed to some deep seeded emotional issues. I have since gotten back on my meds, I believe though in order to successfully
Quit I need to do two things, address the reasons for my use and taper slowly, very slowly, while allowing my body time to recuperate and reprogram. Most states and medium size or bigger cities have doctors who are actually licensed to treat drug addiction, go to the buprenorphobe database for more information. Hang in there, you are undoubtedly past the worst of the physical, and now must deal with the mental, which isn't any easier, but it's better than I have ever done.

Kudos!

PS, investigate the benefits of the mytrigania speciosa family of plants.

Actually that is not true, there are plenty of people who disprove your assertion that the depression never goes away...

This coming from
Someone who doesn't use anything but "they're story" as advice for quitting cold turkey, call me crazy but I trust strangers on the Internet. Learn pharmacology and pharmokinetics, hopefully
Your doctor is educated in the matter and isn't going off what he learned 15 or more years ago in school or read in the disturbingly vague information booklets he got when he signed up For this to buy his wife a new Mercedes once a year.