GuestUnregistered member

Guest 21 hours ago

Okay, I'm going to try to make this as short as possible.  For starters, since I know it matters, I'm 5'7" and weigh 120 lbs (and am 28 years old).  Now I'll start with my question.  I'm wondering how long after taking the opioids (4 Lorcet 10/650) do I need to wait before taking my next Suboxone??

For the last two years, I have been taking those opioids.  By the end, I was taking anywhere from 25 to 35 each day, taking usually 6 pills at once.  I was becoming tolerant to even that many, but wouldn't let myself go any higher.  Last Monday was when I quit so I could be in withdrawal at the dr.  Two days after (Wed) was my dr appt and that evening I started Suboxone strips (8 mg, I do believe the highest dose...and at one whole strip each day).  I was doing great.  Then yesterday I had access to them, and started doing that whole 'negotiating with myself and weighing out the pros and cons of taking a few' thing.  If you've been an addict or dependant on anything, you prob know exactly what I'm talking about.  So once I noticed it had been 12 hours since I took my last Suboxone, I figured last night was the perfect time, then today I would withdrawal and could take my Sub and be golden.  But no...

It's now about 17 or 18 hours later, and I'm not having withdrawals.  The only thing that is wrong with me is I am having muscle cramps and my muscles are tender.  That's it.  I'm very confused.  The only thing I can think is that this is happening because I went a week without, so the drug was out my system completely.  Also that I was on Sub for 6 days and was considered in remission.

I know that it is best to not go by time, but instead, go by how my w/d symptoms are.  But what if I never feel worse or even start withdrawaling?  I'm terrified of going through prec. w/d's again.  And after only one week, it's def not a good time to get off Suboxone.  Even if I'm physically alright without it, it still helps with the cravings.  I wasn't even craving last night, so honestly, I don't even know why I took the opiates.  Just a stupid mistake, and hopefully the only setback I ever have.  Please help!