I have been thinking of ways how to get off heroin. I have tried suboxone and it did help with withdrawal symptoms but it was just several days later, I went back to heroin. I just find that stuff much more potent and relieving. Anyone used heroin after/while on suboxone? What are you experiences?

If you really want to get off heroin, you do not do that the way you are trying. Suboxone is used to help with withdrawal effects indeed, but it has to be monitored by specialist. Psychotherapy will also help but you have to show the will and courage to step forth and admit that you need help. Also, seeing and talking to people that have already went through what you are going now is very helpful.

I, myself, have noticed this. During my year on suboxone at the beginning I still wanted to use. My family made me go to the doc and I didn't want to get clean for myself yet (which one has to do in order to subdue this addiction). I was clean for a few weeks, gave a couple good urines then relapsed. Relapse is part of recovery after all.

I noticed that the heroin completly rocked me, in far less a dose than what I was used to. I actually got sick off a small amount (not because of the suboxone i stopped using it for 2 days before my planned relapse) and I never used to get sick like that. It wasn't just me either, my "friend" did about double the amount of heroin and he was sick as well. He couldn't believe it only took me a small amount to get like that. I told him I think the suboxone kicked the dope up a notch and he didn't believe me. Nobody believes me actually, in a weird way i'm glad that someone else noticed this, but you know and I know that you would've been better off sticking with the suboxone for your own health and your family.

Needless to say, I realized that it was the people I was around that kept dragging me back into this addiction and I told them all to go away. Now I'm much happier and I know that I can't go on like that anymore. I completed the suboxone treatment, tapered off 2 mg a month (started on 8 mg), and now i'm 100% substance free. Stopping marijuana was much more difficult for me than suboxone but I did it and now I'm in school and I'm going places.

Technically you're not supposed to use heroin while on suboxone because suboxone contains narcan (spelling?), which is what keeps you from actually getting high off of suboxone. It's also the same thing they use to save your life if you're overdosing. It counteracts the heroin. So suboxone will still help with withdrawal symptoms, but it won't let you get high. They even say if you shoot up while on suboxone that you'll get really sick. This I'm not so sure about. I was on suboxone for 2 years and was down to about 2mg/day at one point and shot up. I didn't get sick. I felt the immediate rush but it went away within a minute. It was seriously a huge waste of money. So no I didn't get sick from it but I definitely didn't get high. It was really dissapointing. There is no possible way that suboxone could enhance heroin. It doesn't work that way. But, if you have been off the the suboxone for 2 days, or more, then of course you'll get high from the smack. Obviously the suboxone isn't working it's magic anymore so the heroin has free reign.

i havent been on suboxone before but i did take one 8 mil this morning around 9:00 when do u think i can use again??

I agree with la_calle_negra. And you are either on heroin or not - you are wasting your time, money and efforts trying to stop using if you keep alternating sub and heroin. Neither will do much for you. You will be 'lucky' to feel anything. Don't bother, really. You also increase your chances of overdosing, no tolerance. If you want to stop, then seek professional advice. Cannot stress how important it is to back up your medciations with counselling/psychologists/etc - uncover why you want to use or why you started using, then why it is hard fro you to stop. Bottom line is if you don't want to stop, you won't. If you do, you will. Maybe you just have not been through enough sh*t to reallky want it out of your life. But don't worry - it will happen..rock bottom is different for everyone. Maybe you will lose good friends or family, maybe locked up, maybe just broke and desperate doing things that compromise your own standards. Who knows. Stop wile you have the means and will.

HI you americans dont get well educated about drugs like we do in the uk and i am not taking the piss. Let me tell you about suboxone, Slough \Plough drugs company had an pain killer called temgesic which could be injected but was meant to be taken orally, they then discovered that by mixing temgesic with naltrexone they had a drug called subutex. this drug was perfect for addicts as an alternative to methadone. firstly it binds tighter to the receptors in your brain than other opiates if you take it when withdrawing it binds so tight that it stops yuou getting anything off other opiates that you take however if you have other opiates in your system and take subutex then the subutex will rip that opaite off the receptors and put you into withdrawal. In england,australia, france and most of alll scotland subutex which is the trade name its medical name is buphenorphine was being injected. as its easily dissolved under your tounge its easily dissolved in a syringe and injected. the drug company who were makeing a fortune as no other company was allowed to amke it for 10yrs came out with SUBOXONE the same drug but with a little bit more naltrexone which was meant to make this drug uninjectable as as soon as you injected it it would put you into withdrawal. Bupheorphine gives you a clearer head is easier to reduce and its withdrawals are much less severe than methadone so it should be same for suboxone. subutex at 16mg is a full opaite blocker smaller dosages you can use on top but dont get the full effects I presume its harder on smaller dosages of suboxone. The uk treatment system is good, its free no waiting lists and harm reduction and drug information is every where.its not often the uk leads the way on something even if its only drugs

angelfly since you are posting on the NHS can you explain a little more? Do they actually do drug rehabilitation too aside from just drug education, or do they just do the information? It would be nice to know because I know a few people who might like to know. Thanks!

HNFG; The HHS in the UK has a comprehensive drug treatment system split anto four tiers 1 to 4 and monitered by the National Treatment System(NTA) tIER 1 is information only pharmacey,hospitals, doctors, tier 2 is usualy a drop in service for brief interventions,group work, day programmes andd referral, tier 3 is prescribing services and more structured interventions like councilling but mainly prescribing. Tier 4 is inpatient detox and residential rehabilitation. Every Borough in London and every area in England and Wales has this treatment service and its all absolutely free, you can get substitute prescribing within a week at times faster longest wait 2weeks, detox and rehab usually take 12 weeks as the service that refers you has to apply to the local council or primary care trust for funding. It is every drug uers right to have access to all the above services. I hope this helps.

angelfly wrote:

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

There is no naloxone in Subutex. Subutex contains simply buprenorphine, while the medication released as an improvement (therapeutically at least) called Suboxone. It contains both ingrediants at a 4:1 ratio (b/n). Looks like the UK didn't supply you with the proper education you thought... Don't use stereotypes and assume stupid things.

That's just false. I have been on a few programs to curb my opiate use but have always kept using every now and again with no intention of stopping permanently. So once every few weeks/months, I would obtain some so-called "black tar" heroin. An interesting bit, I found out all this tar stuff most of the US gets from Latin America, actually contains no REAL heroin, as in diacetylmorphine, but an opiate mixture and analog of sorts called MONO-acetylmorphine due to use of cheaper and safer chemicals like acetic acid (found in vinegar. That explains the bad/pungent smell) instead of the dangerous and sharply watched acetic anhydride. Oh well, it worked for us junkies)

So anyway, no matter how big or potent the shot I took was, I wouldn't feel it at all if I took anymore than one mg of buprenorphine-containing Subutex or Suboxone, especially, within the last 12-36 hours. No rush or anything. Being a stubborn junkie, I did it repeatedly hoping I could get a rush but nope! Way too much of my spoken-for income was wasted going into my veins because of those meds, which was better for me in the end really. The Subs stopped me from chasing the rush because when I was taking it, I eventually stopped caring. Relapses are a different discussion...

BUT, as for the meds making you sick after taking shortly after using, just to be safe, I usually always waited until mild withdraw symptoms starting showing up such as runny nose, running to the bathroom, etc etc etc, until one time the craving started bugging me shorty after a shot of heroin due to an argument, so I took a small amount, about 2mg, every 45 minutes until I took a couple 8mg pills. I experienced very brief and harmless symptoms like above. But I've never been dumb enough to blow (insufflate) or inject Suboxone (bupe/nalox.) with opiates in my system b/c of the possibly severe withdrawal the naloxone would bring by removing the drugs from my system. People known to inject buprenorphine tablets are either ignorant or careless 'cause all that pill filler is water-soluble and collects in your fingers, lungs, etc causing potentially serious harm to themselves. To put it simply, injecting Suboxone/Subutex is a foolish thing to do. But I've never felt as bad as it all sounded as long as I waited for quite a while...

To sum everything up, don't use and take Subs at the same time. It's a big waste and your just fooling yourself and prolonging an addiction. Don't use it to keep you level when you can't find something better. Go through with the program, however many months or years it will take. You will be glad you did in the long run. It might take going through the same b.s. everyday or a life-changing event to finally make you realize if you want to be clean or not. It will be a challenge, but one worth your life! It took my daughter being born for me to realize it's time to stop. You will decide when and if you want to when the right time comes. If you want to stop and try your hardest, you will. Good luck everyone!

I used heroin for a few years and xanax and have smoked crack and weed and have done a ton of other drugs. I tried methadone. That did not work. The only way I've ever been able to stay off drugs is by going to meetings, getting a sponsor and working the steps. I'm almost six years clean. It doesn't get any simpler. Heroin is highly addictive and feels great until it starts to lose its effect and takes control of your mind, body and spirit. The 12-steps have given me all that drugs robbed from me and provided me with much more. I once met a guy who told me "there's no hope in dope, dope" and he wasn't lying. Heroin and other narcotics will rob you of your dreams, goals...stop today and live tomorrow. You don't need some shrink or doctor telling you what to do, especially if they never lived through it. Hit a meeting...google NA or AA, and your life can start tomorrow. Love you,

Nicky the former dope fiend....I chose to live a different way today.

Well i must say i took 4 mgs of suboxone at bout 8:00 this morning. I am not a pro but ive been messin round with opiates for years. I just snorted two lines of heroin and i must say i dont feel really high but i do got a litle buzz. Although I would not waste my $ on attempting to get really screwed up on suboxone, and im sure more mgs = less high, i think i just like the taste and drain. I feel ok, but definatley not as i would off suboxone. S.L

Felt like I should try to give an answer to your question Randolf. firstly excuse my English cause its my second language: secondly I advice you have to find your own way of helping yourself, those NA or other organizations can only give you support but not a solution to your case or any of us. Cause we are all different individuals with addiction problems for different reasons so try to find yours and finally using "h" over suboxone or subutex is waste of your time and money. What happens is you don't feel the buzz as you are suppose to do after a while and you just feel the relaxed state which is less with suboxone for obvious reasons(naltrexone). so these two medicines are helpful in that withdrawal period.
I may have sounded strange to you but I am on 28 day of my fight after 28 yrs of addiction on "h" ( on and off) it has been two days I stopped taking subotex on my 26th day. just felt like writing. Good luck and may love and peace spread all over the world.  (I ve sounded like a 60's people;  wish I was though)...

its embarrasing for myself that im 19 years old and can tell all of you more about suboxone than anyone on here. suboxone binds so strongly to the opioid receptors that other opiates can not work unless at higher doses than normal. the suboxone didnt kick up the heroin high. the fact that you hadnt done heroin in so long, your tolerance went down. tolerance goes down very very quickly, in just a matter of days or less. so obviously if you were using suboxone for a few weeks and went back to dope youre going to get way higher.