I have been having signifcant hearing loss in my left ear & constant ringing in my ear, My right ear has nerve (permanent) damage to a horrific assault last year, however this is my left ear , I went to the specialist today & he said he thought it was nerve related & could be a tumor. I have a MRI this Friday (1/6/12) I have horrible pain, I guess what Im asking what are the symptoms of a tumor & if it is that is there anything they can do & will I ever get my hearing back & the constant ringing will it go away? Im so scared right now I already have sig hearing loss in my right ear & this is my good ear

Hi Leslie,

Some of the symptoms would be a loss of hearing, possible vertigo (from the tumor pressing on the inner ear canal), tinnitus, etc.
Without the MRI we can't speculate.  It depends upon where the tumor is located and if it is benign or malignant.

Keep us posted.  Good luck.

Have you had your results yet? I had an MRI on the 15 th June and I haven't had the results back yet?