I am diagnosed with disorder of inner ear few months ago. It started with vertigo which I couldn’t understand, so I asked for help. My doctor told me that is Meniere’s disease, or also called idiopathic endolymphatic hydrops. I have heard for one case where man had disorder but only one ear. I wonder if it is normal my both ears are wrong, and what are some normal symptoms people feel with Meniere’s disease?

Meniere’s disease is one of the most common causes of dizziness originating in the inner ear. In the most cases only one ear is involved but also bothe ears may be affected in about 15 % op patients. That is normal and you shouldn’t be worried because of that. This disease typically starts between the ages of 20 and 50 years. Men and women are affected in equal numbers, that’s what studies shown. Symptoms of Meniere’s disease are episodic rotational vertigo, or attacks of a spinning sensation. Also and hair loss, tinnitus, or roaring, buzzing, or ringing sound in the ear occur with this disease. Tinnitus and fullness of the ear can come and go with changes in hearing. It might occur during or just before attacks, or be constant. There is also possible an intermittent hearing loss early in disease. It happens especially in the low pitches, but a fixed hearing loss involving tones of all pitches commonly develops in time. Of all symptoms of Meniere’s disease vertigo is usually the most troublesome.

Other symptoms of Meniere's is nausea sometimes followed by vomiting and excessive sweating. An attack of Meniere's can cause permanent total loss of hearing in the affected ear. A low salt diet is an effective way to minimize or eliminate attacks. It's not just salt from the salt shaker, but also the salt that is in various feed. Canned and prepared can be especially high in sodium. Google something like "sodium content in food" to get a list of foods high in sodium.