My father is 78 years old now and he has his complete blood count and complete urinalysis test. I am so worried because his WBC is 25.90, (Neutrophils-0.66; Lymphocytes- 0.17; Monocyte-0.05; Eosinophil-0.12), and in his urinalysis test there is a microscopic WBC 40 - 50 found and according to the doctor the normal is only 0-5, the doctor told us to go to a specialist. Is my father's situation very serious?Is it a sign of cancer?Please help me if you have knowledge about this , I am really worried about my father's condition, thanks.

Hey Jazel. Well, it is a condition that isn't to overlook easily. Elevated blood cells count is apparently an issue. But, I don't think that it is a sign of cancer. Do you know if your father is allergic to something? Because when white blood cells are elevated, it  can mean that his immune system is fighting an allergy without him knowing it. Also, it could be an infection of some sort, causing an inflammation. I suggest you to take your father to a specialist to find out what's bothering him. Because, in more serious situations, it could be leukemia.

Dear Jazel,

Did anyone replied to you? my brother recentley has the same issue and i am not sure what is the correct way forward. I really appriciate if you know any more about your father's situation?

Best regards

medi

Medi'IDEMSAFETY.COM