Hi. I hear voices in my head, sometimes negative, sometimes positive. Yesterday a voice told me to hurt myself with a stick. I am perfectly aware how crazy this sounds. And I am trying hard not to listen to them. But sometimes I can`t see the difference between these voices and my ratio. What could be wrong? What causes a person to hear voices?

Hi. Maybe you have schizophrenia, I don`t know. It is some sort of psychosis for sure. But I think you have no reason to be worried. Many people have psychotic episode(s) during their lives. I had my own episode last year and went to see a doc. I was prescribed with some meds, I took one pill and I was feeling even crazier than I was. No meds for me. I feel just fine now. Not a single voice, or hallucination, after that event.

sometimes we have an eccesss of dopamine/a neuro transmiter/ to much causes voices and hallucinations to little can cause parkinsons