Hi, my friend is diagnosed with asthma. But, I don’t understand what exactly asthma is? Why are lungs getting attack and losing breath?

Hi, it is not easy to manage asthma, as you never know when the attack is coming. Even if you are trying to provide the best conditions for optimal lung function, not everything is under your control. Asthma is a chronic condition in your lungs that is characterized by constriction, the tightening of the muscles surrounding the airways, and inflammation of airways due to swelling and irritation of the airways. An external factor is a trigger for narrowing of the airways, which leads to symptoms such as wheezing, coughing, chest tightness, or shortness of breath.

Asthma is simply when the muscles in your windpipe (pharanyx ?) swell making it difficult to breathe. Contrary to popular belief it is not the breathing in that is the problem but the breathing out. Asthma is easy (ish) to control with the right medication, and after time (depending on severity) the asthma may become easier to manage or in some cases disapear all together.
I will keep checking this post to answer any further questions you may have.
Magickitten91 (fellow sufferer)

I to suffer from life threating asthma, thats what my doc says, i died about 2 years ago due to a bad attack u never know how bad the attack is until it happens. asthma is very hard to manage if u have just about everthing that causes it to act up alliergies,food alliergies,stress and getting a cold(who can avoid stress?).Docs say now that copd is asthma as well. i was told by my doc that i would have to stay on pedisone if i wanted to live.talk to your doc stay on your meds and be healthy stay away from things that trigger your asthma.

take care to all u asthma suffers