Hello. I have one simple question. What are bronchial spasms? Thanks in advance!

Hello!
Spasm means contraction, so bronchial spasms is spasmodic contraction (like cramping) of the smooth muscle of the bronchi.
Bronchi is word with origins in Greek word, bronchos, which means a conduit to the lungs. So, bronchi are the large air tubes, which are leading form trachea to the lungs and they convey air to and from (opposite direction) lungs.

i've had bronchial spasms three times so far, and i have asthma. some symptoms that i had were really frequent (like hacking) coughing, feeling cold, chest tightness...

Hello, im 23 years old and I just found out that I have a "silent bronchitus" and bronchial spasms. Ive never had this before and don't have asthma. I used to smoke, but quit because the cigaretts made this worse. I dont' have a cough, but my chest feels tight once and a while. The doc gave me an inhailer and antibiodics. I want to know how long these spasms are going to last... I just want them to go away for good!! and what exactly is a "silent bronchitis"?? Thanks!!

I have been problem with hard breath due copd but noticed when I got calm down then pretty little less hard breath and sometime serveral days seem alright but impacted me into high worry & stress then anxiety then impacted hard breath ever anytime when got bacterial infection that it made worse hard breath so took antibiodics then after ten days, it seem alright and pretty easy breath. Please help me what anything should I do. James Fenton

Bronchi are part of respiratory tract. When they contract abnormally they are called bronchial spasm. It occurs with patient of Asthma.