I have a friend who has been diagnosed with achalasia few months ago. When I saw his problems, I wanted to ask a few questions. I would like to hear how achalasia is differentiated from vigorous achalasia. Beside this, I would like to hear more about problem with achalasia. Can you tell me anything, I would appreciate any info about this disease?

I am not a doctor but I think you would appreciate me to share my experience with you. I have achalasis and I experienced retrosternal pain. Probably I experience this due to spasm at the lower esophageal sphincter. It seems inconceivable to me that acid reflux could occur in conjunction with achalasia. Then I found out that those two conditions could happen together, which was case with me. The biggest question for me was if after successful pneumatic dilatation the esophagus could return to its former shape. I do not know if you are interested into so many details, so I would tell you core of this problem. Achalasia is a condition in which the lower esophageal sphincter known as LES, fails to relax with swallowing. There is a problem with absence of contractions in the body of the esophagus. Vigorous achalasis also has an LES that fails to relax but has also high-pressure contractions in the body of the esophagus.