Hi, guys. My uncle has been diagnosed with esophagus cancer. All his life, he has been eating spicy food and heavy to digest. I was wondering if spicy food could create such a cancer or there is something else. What do you think about this? I will really appreciate all your replies to my post.

Hi to you too. I cannot say that only spicy food leads to esophageal cancer. There must be some other risk factors. Smoking is one of them. It is considered to be one of the most significant risk factors. Consuming large amounts of alcohol are also another factor. Obesity is another factor that is considered to be risky. I guess that genetic predisposition is also something that is important. I hope this helps. Good bye!

Hi there,
Spicy food can be problematic in some cases, but to be honest with you I am not sure if this can be the main of the cancer of the esophagus. What kind of esophageal cancer does he have? I know that there are choriocarcinoma, lymphoma, melanoma, sarcoma and small cell cancer. However the more common types of esophageal cancer are adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma. The cause is similar but little different for all the types. The problem is the spreading of the cancer to other parts of his body. What kind of treatment is he on right now? I hope that this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco