What is the cxause and effect of high potassium levels in the body?

There are many possible causes of hyperkalemia ie high potassium levels in blood. This could be due to increase in total body potassium or excessive release of potassium from the cells into the bloodstream.
Both high potassium levels as well as low can cause problems and symptoms and they include muscle cramps or weakness, dehydration, low blood pressure, confusion, irritability, paralysis, and changes in heart rhythm, nausea, diarrhea, frequent urination, etc
Nearly all the potassium in the body is situated inside the cells and only 2% are found in the fluids outside of the cells and potassium can move into and out of cells. This movement can change the levels of potassium in the blood when there is actually no change of potassium levels in the body. This is because blood tests only show the potassium levels outside the cells.
One of the possible causes of hyperkalemia is kidney disorder, which would enable kidneys to adequately remove potassium levels from the body.
Also, lack of aldosterone hormone produced by adrenal glands may affect the kidneys ability to remove potassium and sodium from the body. Also, Addison’s disease(bad function of adrenal glands) could reduce aldosterone levels.
Different disorders or injuries may be releasing potassium from the cells into the extracellular fluid. Some of the disorders are surgeries, traumatic injuries, tumors, burns, gastrointestinal bleedings, etc
Your doctor should help you realize and find the cause.

Can an umbilical hernia cause this to happen?. I know it is causing me difficulties of edema,and respiratory problems.My present medical care persons will not listen to me,they want to find out what is wrong themselves. Should I go elsewhere?. I believe the scar tisssue from the hernia is blocking parts of my intestines which cause my irregular bowel movements and for my stools to come out as if theywere trees that have gone through a saw mill, Very narrow or looking like a pencil.