Hi! I’m 22 years old and my diagnosis is genital herpes. I went to see a doctor and he said to me that I need to take meds called Zovirax. I heard before that there are a few meds for herpes. Does anybody know what is the difference between different herpes meds?

There are only treatments for the outbreaks because there is no known cure for herpes. Antiviral medications used most often to treat genital herpes, usually Zovirax, Famvir and Valtrex. They are very similar and any of them can reduce the number of outbreaks by 70% to 80%. I know that Zovirax is good for long-term usage, but I'm not sure about another two. I'm using Zovirax for years and I'm totally satisfied. My friend used to take Famvir and she had strong headache, and now she takes Valtrex. I also know for sure that Famvir is cheaper than Valtrex, but Zovirax is the cheapest.