im 17 years old and ive had 2 sexual partners in my life. The first guy i ever had sex with we took each others virginities and we were both clean, i never had any problems. A week ago yesterday i had sex with a boy that i know pretty well although i know that he has gotten with MANY girls and even though he swares he has no STD's i still am nervous and started to freak myself out. I noticed about 4 days ago an ache in my but, on the crease of my butt and my thighs, and some pimple looking bumps on both sides. They have white heads and some are bigger than others. Im very worried that it is herpes and i dont know what to do. It doesnt seem to hurt to bad, unless i think about it, i just have an achy pain but i am wondering if that is just me mentally freeaking myself out. I am a very extreme hypocondriac though and seem to give my self symptoms of anything that i am worried about. HELP MEE !!!!

Whatever you do- dont freak out. Trust me, it makes it ten times worst! You dont need the extra stress, pain and headache. Everything will be just fine girl! I dont want to say dont be too concerned with having genital herpes, but dont be naive. Herpes defintely does go away after a year or more or depending on how well your immune system kicks it out of you. 80% of women will get it at least once in their life so please dont feel bad. Just take care off yourself, read and do research about the virus, and watch who you're sexing, Everything that glitters aint gold! Definitely go to the doctor's, free clinic, or hospital to take a pap smear. There are all other methods of getting rid of it..if you do have it! Good Luck and please practice safe sex!

I agree, and having herpes is not going around as badly as depicted. 80% of women do NOT have herpes. there are fewer people who have it than you might think. Let us know how it's going okay?

You must go and get it checked out by a real doctor just to be on the safe side. I'm pretty sure it's not harps but if it is, catching it early is vital.

Let me just start by saying that everyone who relied to this post is COMPLETELY wrong about Herpes. Though your symptoms DO NOT sound like Herpes, here are a few TRUTHS to clarify what was said:

1."Herpes defintely does go away after a year or more or depending on how well your immune system kicks it out of you"- UNTRUE

Once someone is infected with the Herpes Simplex Virus (wether HSV-1 or HSV-2) they are infected FOR LIFE! It is VIRAL not BACTERIAL! You immune system can fight to SUPRESS outbreaks but it will not rid the body of the virus like it does an infection. Taking medicines like Valtrex help to supress outbreaks as well but it does not eradicate the virus, help the immune system to get rid of the virus, or guarentee that you will never have another outbreak!

2. "80% of women will get it at least once in their life so please dont feel bad"-This has some truth

75% of Americans live with Herpes and a large majority have NO IDEA they have it. Nor can they be tested for it UNLESS they get an outbreak. Granted, most of the infected have HSV-1 (cold sores) and may never have an outbreak. Further, most who have an outbreak only have one or two in their lifetime. Again the only way to be 100% sure you have Herpes (Genital Herpes or cold sores) is to go to you GP if you have an outbreak. There they take a sample of the sore and inspect it under a microscope looking for HSV's spacific DNA pattern.

3."There are all other methods of getting rid of it..if you do have it!"- Read #1 again, and again, and again!

****As far as your symptoms go:

Herpes stays latent for a very long time before an outbreak. Its next to impossible that you would have an outbreak after a few weeks of exposure.
Herpes are generally not white. They are red and look like small blisters, thought this is not ALWAYS the case. The best way to tell through self examination is by watching to see if the bumbs burst and ooze a clear or yellowish discharge. Actually it could even be green or brownish. If you notice this, to not touch the fluid discharge because, if it is Herpes, the fluid is concentrated Herpes virus. Clean the sore with antibacterial soap and cover it (them) with a sterile gauze and medical tape or a large bandage. Then go see a doctor immediately! He will be able to test you for Herpes.

In closing, don't be scared or too stressed out either way. It is probably a rash, pimples, or sebacious cysts. Not to mention that the area around the behind and inner thighs is pretty exposed to bacteria. Think about it.....I need not go further in detail!
If you do have Herpes, don't be too upset. Now-a-days it is very easy to live with it and, if treated, difficult to spread.

In the future always inspect your sexual partners before sex and ALWAYS use protection. Trust me, Herpes is small potatoes compared to some of the other STD's out there!
-Dr. B