Hello! My sister feels terrible during the time she has cold sores. She doesn't want to go to school or anywhere outside the house. Sometimes she stays at home for a week or even ten days and she really makes me nervous. I don't understand why she takes it so seriously, cold sores, so what? Anyway, I heard Zovirax is very good but she hasn't used it so far and I don't know if Zovirax cream works?

Hello! You have to understand your sister; young girls are always concerned with their look, especially their face. Of course, they can over react sometimes and I think she needs nice and careful conversation with you or your parents. Any problem which prevents normal daily activities for longer period of time should be discussed. Zovirax tablets (not cream) are usually used in treatment of shingles, genital herpes and chickenpox, not cold sores. Valtrex is usually used for cold sores and proven as very effective but you have to visit your doctor first.