Hi, I have herpes, and two doctors recommended me two different medicines. One of them prescribed me valtrex and the other acyclovir. Do you know which one is better and which one has less side effects?

Hi, I used only Acyclovir, but I know a girl who used Valtrex. Acyclovir helped me with herpes outbreaks. It stopped their repeating , and reduced sores that formed around the genitals. This drug also stopped spreading this virus through my body, which is very important. However, it doesn’t kill the virus and can’t prevent spreading herpes through sexual intercourse. My friend used the other drug called valtrex. She used it for genital herpes and it helped her reduce the symptoms. However, this drug can be very dangerous if it’s used by a person with weak immune system, so be careful.

I was prescribed to use Acyclovir and it really helps.
You can read more on ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Acyclovir is the safest and most tolerated medication to be used at suppressive therapy. However, you must take it twice a day, but has few side effects and dramatically decreases viral shedding and the number of outbreaks. This means that if you have an antibody negative partner, you will likely be prescribed acyclovir twice daily (used with condoms of course) to dramatically decrease the likelihood of transmission.