Hi! I have genital herpes and I have been under therapy with valtrex for some time. At first I noticed it really shortened the time when I was sick and I felt much better. But, last time I noticed my problems lasted longer than before and I was disappointed. A friend of mine was prescribed zovirax and she says zovirax is maybe better for herpes outbreak than valtrex. Maybe I should change my medicine and try zovirax.

Hello! Valtrex and Zovirax are both antiviral drugs used to treat genital herpes. They will not prevent the spread of genital herpes but I think your doctor already explained everything to you. You should know that the frequency and severity of episodes of genital herpes may change over time and that you should talk with your doctor about everything. There is a reason why he prescribed Valtrex instead of Zovirax to you and I don’t think you should change your therapy by yourself. Visit your doctor first!