Hi! Would there be any herbs that can cure genital herpes? I am asking this because I just heard that I have genital herpes, and I would prefer to attempt herbal treatments over the medications that the doctor mentioned are available for genital herpes. Can I have your suggestions? Thanks.

When you find out let me know. My ex gave me herpes 17 yrs ago and to this day I wished I had used protection.

I'm a female that has lived with herpes for the last 24 years. The outbreaks were worse in the early years, but still manageable. The location of first infection, is likely where you will have recurrent outbreaks. Mine show up on my rear end, near my tailbone, and can make sitting very uncomfortable. I just had an outbreak three days ago, and at the first sign of a bump, I started putting Tea Tree Oil on it with a Q-Tip. Tea Tree Oil is not to be used on open sores, so pay attention to the directions on the bottle. You can get the oil at any pharmacy. Tea Tree Oil is a great pain reliever for burns, and it has really helped with the pain. But, it the herpes bumps are in your vajayjay, you cant use it there. Good luck! Herpes suck, but you can have a regular life. Just be honest about your condition with your partners :)