Hi, I have all the signs of herpes, but no visual symptoms. It hurts when I urinate, I have a fever, and flu-like symptoms. Does herpes always shows, or can it be hidden inside me?

Herpes does not always show visual symptoms, especially in the early stages. Sometimes, it is traveling from the skin to the nerves. If it multiplies in the nerves, it can get into saliva, semen or vaginal fluids. More often, herpes shows symptoms like painful blisters and sores. If you have all those symptoms, why didn’t you visit a doctor? If it is herpes it should be treated, because it is spreading through your body, and more you wait it will be harder to cure it. The first stage started 2-8 days after you were infected, but it doesn’t mean that it began right away. Don’t wait for herpes to show its symptoms, treat it right away! There are medications that can help you treat symptoms and control outbreaks. Commonly used meds are Famvir(famciclovir), Zovirax (acyclovir), and Valtrex (valacyclovir).