Is it true that daily therapy cuts herpes transmission risk and if it is true with what? I am in new relationship and my boyfriend told me that he had herpes but he is ok now although he is still taking some drug…he said “prevention”….I am totally freaking when I even think about STD. Please I need some information about this.

Is he sure that he is ok? It doesn’t sound to me like he is. I read somewhere web that people with herpes who take an antiviral drug once a day can reduce the risk of transmitting the virus to their sexual partners by nearly 50%. I think that they mentioned the antiviral drug Valtrex. It is commonly used to treat outbreaks of genital herpes, but preliminary results of this study prompted the FDA to approve a second indication for Valtrex in reducing the risk of transmitting the disease to susceptible heterosexual partners. That study shows that daily therapy with Valtrex significantly cuts herpes transmission risk among heterosexual couples in which one partner is infected with the herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2).