The Makeup of a Champion
- A champion has the courage to risk failure, knowing that setbacks are lessons to learn from.
- A champion uses a race to gain greater self-knowledge as well as feedback on physical improvement.
- A champion trains thought processes as well as the body to produce a total approach to performance.
- A champion understands his athletic weaknesses and trains to strengthen them.
- A champion actively creates a life of balance, moderation, and simplicity--values that help improve running and life.
- A champion views competitors as partners who provide challenge and the chance to improve.
- A champion understands that running performances are like a roller coaster, with many ups and downs, and that you have to accept both the good and the bad.
- A champion enjoys running for the simple pleasures it provides.
- A champion has vision.
- A champion dreams of things that haven't been and believes they are possible. A champion says, ' I can.'