hey,I wanna run faster,and one of my friends said that I can try bike for several month,cause he is a coach,I should believe him,right?I bought this blue bike,only 99bucks.I thought even I cannt run faster,it worth to have a try.Do you think it works?

I have been doing triathlons for three years and my experience is not that you get become faster as a runner by biking.
There are other advantages with biking. You can use it if you want to get thinner. The long bikings burn loads of energy.
Cross train for motivation and inspiration. Your body gets overall stronger and healthier.
If you want to be faster it's all about intervalls and tempo runs.
Best!
Lars

I found that cycling really did help with my running as the routes i were taking were very hilly and as a result developed my leg strength and endurance.

I think that adding cycling sessions into my routine instead of running sessions was a good way of developing my fitness without increasing my risk of injury.

..............
Goals:
Sub 38minute 10k
Blog - Asics Kayano 17 Review

the only way to get faster at running is to run. biking is good for when you have a injury and you need to crosstrain but other than that do tempo, intervals, and hill workouts

If biking at the appropriate heart rate level in order to increase your cardiovascular fitness is done, then yes, it could improve running times just due to having increased general fitness. However usually training improves performance in those muscles that are targeted. Since running is in a different position than biking, it requires different sub-groups of muscles than biking does, even though they both use the large muscle groups of the legs (like the quads and the gluts). I would agree that the best way to get faster running is to use interval/ tempo workouts.

so biking does have the potential to make you faster running, but only because it increases your general fitness level and trains some but not all of the muscle groups that running uses.

That said, the last few summers I have gotten more seriously into biking due partially to the fact that I kept getting right shin splints that prevented me from running more than 3-4 times weekly. I ended up cutting 3 minutes off of my PR 5K race time. I did not train any harder running than I normally do, but I did have increased number of workouts per week due to the new biking obsession, so better general fitness was probably the reason for improvement.

Thanks for this preety cool thread .

Thanks Again ... JUANWebb

You are going to bike doctor he/she solved your problem. Or another option you buy bike again.
Thanks.

I've found that the run balances my legs by building hamstring size and strength. This improves my cycling performance. Increasing quad strength with cycling doesn't do much at all for my run.