To get up early, and pay to run? To stick it out for 26.2 miles?

I am plateauing and getting tired of working my butt of a seeing minimal progress. Just wondering what keeps you all lacing them up.

Thanks in advance.

To see if increasing my mileage will help me shave off some time from my first marathon.
To work at being well trained for this next marathon.
To keep my body in the nice physical shape that it's in right now.
The races are goals for me to work toward. I need to have that structure out there to look forward to.
Eventually I think I would like to run an ultra of some kind, a trail marathon or a 50K race. So that means I need to build up to that.

I have to have a goal. A race, even a 5k keeps me running. Following a training program for a marathon is great because I know what I have to do every day. I know that I'd feel regret for not running (and I do, because this hasn't been a good week so far), but a goal keeps me going.

The only motivation I need is a look in the mirror and the fact that my parents both suffered from being overweight. If I no longer raced I probably wouldn't train as hard as I do but I'd still run. It's the best stress relief in the world.

i run, therefore, "I AM!"
Kel

:1: to all except the ultra part, you maniac

I've been motivated to prove some people wrong. In high school, I was told I could never be good at long distance events. After running 5k and contemplating the marathon, my hubby said "you are, and always will be a 5k runner", when I started running with my group to train for my first marathon and told then I'm going to BQ by the mens standards, the guys in the group laughed at me.

Looking back, I can see they were all "more right than wrong".....but it feels great sometimes to :moon: and tell them "just watch me"

I'm now trying to "prove" things to myself. It is alot tougher than I thought!

The main answer: to feel HUMAN! If I don't run for a few days it just doesn't feel "right."

I've noticed, though, that hot sunny weather makes me want to run (102? no problem!) but the reverse is true. I like running in the heat, but especially important is the sun. It's harder to push myself on cloudy days. When it's sunny I can run forever.

Otherwise, I run to: maintain my weight & fittness, compete against myself and others, get the stress out (there are better ways but it's not up to me ),

i run, therefore, "I AM!" Kel
I like the wonderful simplicity of this statement. There is a zen-like quality to running---no memberships, no weights, no machines, no courts, no teammates, ----all you need is a good pair of shoes.

Solitude, stress relief and physical fitness.