When's the last time you listed your strengths and weaknesses? Or, have you ever?

Did you then make a conscious effort to work on your weaknesses? Did it help?

Haven't formally listed them.

Strength = Biking and long distance running
weakness = swimming. Working hard on improving.
My name is Sheldon and I approve this post.
Sheldon

Never done it, but it would read like this: Strength Ability to focus on my objectives Weakness Absolutely everything else. :|

About 2 years ago, I did the exercise in the Triathletes Training Bible on "Limiters" and found out I s*ck at everything.

Strengths: Mental fortitude, focus

Weakness: Hills, heat - just shy of Clydesdale these will probably always be on the list.

I have been working on the weaknesses and it has definately helped.

I have seen your race results and I DISAGREE.

Running Strengths: Endurance, borrowing from TriBob Mental fortitude Weaknesses: muscle imbalance, lack of any sort of speed or forward motion, such that I may be able to run forever, but no one would want to wait around on me as long as it would take me. Something I plan to work on in the fall/winter, converting endurance into shorter term speed. Cycling Strengths: I own a bike Weaknesses: just about everything else involved but mainly lack of riding time and lack of hills when I do ride Swimming The olympics has inspired me to want to swim again. Strengths: tiny desire to be back in the pool Weaknesses: about 10 years of 'time off' from serious training :umno:

I was a the pool on Monday and I always stop and talk to the life guards for a few minutes before hitting the water. So I'm at the stand and one of the other guards comes over and we talk for a while.

I walk ooff and I can hear them in the backround, "Ya, I wonder how ong swimmer is gonna be in the pool today?"

I just smiled and jumped inthe water....

They call me "swimmer". "Rock" would be more appropriate, but I smiled just the same.

Running:
Strengths: decent speed, efficient form, usually leave it all out on the
course during a race.
Weaknesses: endurance, not very religious on doing a regular long
run, tend to try to run thru injury instead of letting it heal

Cycling:
I know how to ride a bike... that's about it... would like to get back
into biking so I can compete in some duathalons

Swimming:
I suck at swimming and I know it. Probably max out at 200 meters
before I just sank to the bottom.

Weight Training:
Strengths: good upper body strength and I enjoy weight training
Weaknesses: Probably lift too much for someone trying to improve
his 5k times.

LOL, it is always fun to count how many people come and go during your swim workout.

I know what my strengths are, so I tend to be more critical/cognizant of my weaknesses:

Tennis: Big weakness are Serving & Mental approach during competition. Serving is the part of my game holding me back the most. My ground strokes, volleys, and overall agility/quickness are better then average. But my inconsistent serves is denying me a chance to win more matches at a higher level of play. I also need to internalize my emotions more then I do now and not let bad points linger. It is amazing how big momentum is during a tennis match.

Weight Lifting: I tend to focus on one area per month for further development. Last month it was biceps. This month it's shoulders. Next month I probably will go heavy into back and/or abs. Just need to make the time each week to get into the gym 3 - 4 times.

Running: After my recent knee surgery, I've ran once in the last 4 months. I just want to get back into some sort of decent aerobic shape for 5 and 10K's this Fall. My current weakness in this particular dept. is learning to hold back and not running hard/long as I ease back into a running schedule this Fall.

This is a great post!! From the psych point of view, I think writing this stuff down does make it more concrete and therefore gives you, if you are so inclined, something to work on, kinda the same thing as writing down your goals for the year and referring back to them at various points in time. Keeps you focused I think. [/therapysession]

As for me:

Running:
Strengths: decent endurance since I'm slow, relatively good form, and I really enjoy running, when I do it.
Weaknesses: I am slow as roadkill and get discouraged very easily, tend to beat myself up a lot over my perceived lack of progress. Also inconsistency in all aspects of training, I tend to get too easily distracted from a program. Oh, and heat. Heat kills my running!

Cycling:
Strengths: strong legs, and I live in a good area for cycling, lots of hills to ride and flat bike paths as well. And I used to really enjoy brick workouts, so hopefully if I can find a bike I like, I will get back into them again.
Weaknesses: I HATE IT! Although I'm willing to try again since I think the last time was faulty bike fit. I'm checking into different types of bikes, maybe road cycling just isn't for me but a hybrid or mountain bike would be. If I ever do want to do a short tri, just for fun, I can still do it on one of those, I just know I won't be as fast. Oh well. Fun being the operative word....

Swimming:
Strengths: I LOVE SWIMMING! Backstroke was my forte in high school and I can swim forever even now.
Weaknesses: Freestyle. Hate putting my face in the water, so competing would be near impossible since back is a slower stroke and harder to do in a tri. Definitely something to work on, getting better at freestyle.

Weight Training:
Strengths: good lower body strength and a great love for the sport! It's probably one of my favorite activities.
Weaknesses: I tend to lift too heavy and end up getting injured. Also, upper body needs much work to improve strength.

Yoga:
Strengths: I'm very flexible and this is also a favorite activity!
Weaknesses: back to that consistency thing! Also haven't quite mastered the inverted positions yet due to lack of upper body strength. Definitely a goal to work on for the rest of this year.

my strenght women my weakness women either way it doesnt work