Hi, I have met my good friend from college yesterday in the market. We haven’t seen each other for some time so we decided to go in café and spend some time together. He told me that he has pretty big problem as his child is suffering from neurofibromatosis and that he is pretty desperate because of that. I know that he wanted child very much and I was very sad when I heard this. I would like to know what neurofibromatosis is and what may be done about it.

Hi, my relative also suffered from neurofibromatosis and I can’t say many good things about it. It is progressive disease which affects skin and nerves. Also some other organs may be affected. It is characterized by skin patches, bone defects, visual disorders and skin neurofibromas (small skin lesions). Also it is possible to develop tumors on the nerves. There is no proper treatment but symptomatic treatment and eventual surgical procedures for removing tumors and skin lesions.