Hello, guys. My closest relative has been diagnosed recently cerebral atrophy. He did have a trauma several decades ago and after that he begun with seizures. Recently, doctors have found this atrophy. I would like to know what the prognosis is for someone with this condition. I would really appreciate all your replies. Thanks.

Hi, there. Cerebral atrophy is a condition resulted from various serious brain diseases. Some of them are: trauma, epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease, leukodystrophies, infections, MS, stroke, etc. I suppose your relative has developed an epilepsy after that trauma. Since these are all serious conditions, outcome is also serious. Treatment is mostly symptomatic and supportive. If the cerebral atrophy is progressive, it is fatal since it spreads on whole brain. If it is focused on one part of the brain, it can interfere with normal functioning. But, it doesn't have to be fatal in that case. Prognosis also depends on duration of this condition, possible complications, etc. It will be best to speak with the doctor.

hi sorry not a reply , just like you wanting help .
Hello, guys. My closest relative has been diagnosed recently cerebral atrophy. He did have a trauma several decades ago and after that he begun with seizures. Recently, doctors have found this atrophy. I would like to know what the prognosis is for someone with this condition. I would really appreciate all your replies. . its is exactly the same for me @simeon189662455 , since this was posted a year ago , could you tell me how your relative is doing . what did your doctor tell you ? Thanks in advance