Hello, my uncle is 46 years old and he is in terrible pain. The problem is that he was seeing various doctors and none of their treatments worked for him. I think that they haven’t managed to discover the real cause for his, how they say “Neuropathic Abdominal Pain”. Don’t you hate when things like this happen? Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

That is most unfortunate. His pain is probably unbearable. Without proper diagnosis, the treatments are just “walking in the dark”. I am sorry to discourage you. By the way, maybe he should do autonomic function tests, if he hasn’t done it already. Also inflammation can cause this condition in some cases. Well, I don’t know what else to say because even his doctors who know his history with this condition couldn’t determine proper cause. All I can say is that he mustn’t give up because he will eventually find out the reason, and then he should be able to get a proper treatment. I wish him best of luck.